Aged Care Food Transport Case Study
ScanBox Scalabrini Village Case Study
The dining experience is one of the most important contributors to a resident’s overall health, happiness and wellbeing. Michael Dias, Village Manager at Scalabrini Village Allambie Heights has an incredible catering team dedicated to creating a great variety of high quality and nutritional meals for their residents.
What they needed was an easy to operate food transport system to continue delivering hot meals to their residents at the perfect temperature and in ideal condition as their catering operations grew.
When we met Michael, their team were experiencing difficulties with their existing food transport containers.
- Hilly terrain made logistics a challenge. It was imperative to consider the safety of staff tasked with pushing these systems around the facility.
- The existing systems were no longer efficient for their growing operation. Aesthetically they looked institutional and unappealing.
- Scalabrini needed to ensure all their systems matched their core values of quality, consistency and unparallelled care.
Scalabrini Village trialled a number of different ScanBoxes to evaluate the exact configuration which would best suit their needs. The Scanbox Banquetline H12 met all their requirements.
- The Scanbox range hold the temperature of plates or trays anywhere between 65 and 85 degrees celsius with ease.
- The units look like they belong in a 5 star Hotel (and they often do).
- Scanbox are half the weight of conventional hot boxes and are built for maneuverability.
- Staff enjoy the ease with which they can deliver food at the perfect temperature to their waiting residents.
We applaud the management and team at Scalabrini for never giving up on finding a better solution for their residents and staff.
“I would like to extend my gratitude to Brendon and the team at Skanos who listened to, and understood the challenges that can come with delivering hot meals to residents. Not only were several excellent solutions offered, they allowed us to trial the systems so we could make a practical and informed assessment. Management, staff and residents are absolutely thrilled with our ScanBox. It is perfect for all our needs and we definitely have plans to purchase more in future. I highly recommend Brendon and the Skanos team for innovative equipment supporting aged care kitchens.”